Pool, Beach and Lake Rules Cardinal Lake Civic Association
May 212-6 pmMay 2212-7 pmMay 25-Aug 72-6 pmAug 13-Sept 5 (weekends only)2-6 pmHours are subject to change without advance notice.
If you are planning a party at the pool/beach area, and you are expecting more than 15 guests who will be using the pool, you will need to schedule for additional lifeguard on duty during your party hours. The cost for an additional lifeguard is $25 per hour which will have to be paid by the member having the party in addition to the standard $3.00 per person guest fees. Please fill out this pool party lifeguard request form: http://sweetwaterpools.net/pool-parties/pool-party-request-form and then someone from Sweetwater Pool Managerment will contact you regarding payment and confirming the party. Seven days advance notice is required.
If you are not using the pool or only a handful of people in your party will be using the pool and the rest of the people in your party will be at the picnic or beach/lake area, you do not have to hire an additional lifeguard.
Daily Operation: Dusk until Dawn
1. THE POOL & LAKE GATES MUST REMAIN LOCKED AT ALL TIMES.
2. SWIMMING IN THE POOL IS AT YOUR OWN RISK REGARDLESS OF WHETHER
LIFEGUARDS ARE ON ON DUTY OR NOT. IT IS EACH SWIMMER’S RESPONSIBILITY
TO OBSERVE IF A LIFEGUARD IS ON DUTY. Parent’s must watch their
3. SWIMMING IN THE LAKE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AT ALL TIMES – NO
LIFEGUARD ON DUTY.
4. The pool and lake are for the use of current members only. Guests must pay $3 per day
(the following groups are exempt from paying guest fees: guests 3 years of age and under;
grandchildren and children of members if they still live in the members home). Members
under the age of 21 are limited to 4 guests.
5. Residents of Cardinal Lake must purchase their own membership – they cannot be the
guest of another member.
6. For the safety of our members and guests, an adult at least 18 years of age must
accompany children 12 years of age and under.
7. Profanity, fighting, spitting and any other inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated at
the pool and lake. Smoking is not permitted within the fenced pool area. Members and
guests who are not observing the pool and lake rules will be asked to leave the premises.
The police will be summoned if deemed necessary.
8. Individuals will not be allowed into the pool area if they have open sores, rashes, or are
under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
9. Running on the pool deck and horseplay of any kind will not be tolerated in the pool area.
10. Diving is permitted only in the designated deep end of the pool. Inward or reverse dives
are not permitted. Jumping or diving from the lifeguard chair is not permitted.
11. Any person who uses a life-saving flotation device must be accompanied by an adult at
least 18 years of age and must stay in the shallow end of the pool.
12. No skateboards, bikes, roller blades, or scooters are allowed in the pool area. No animals
are allowed in the pool or on the pool deck.
13. Pool equipment and chemicals are to be handled by pool personnel only.
14. When lifeguards are on duty, there will be an hourly lifeguard break (approximately 10
minutes each hour), during which all members and guests under the age of 18 must
completely vacate the pool.
15. Swimmers must wear bathing suits. Cut-offs, gym shorts, sports bras, underwear, or
leotards cannot be substituted for a proper, clean bathing suit.
16. Children who are not potty trained must wear a swim diaper which must be covered by a
plastic diaper cover. All children must wear bathing suits.
17. Glass containers of any kind are not allowed within 50 feet of the pool area.
18. Members and their guests are responsible for cleaning up after themselves. Please notify
the lifeguard of any hazardous situations.
19. Members and their guests are responsible for their own valuables.
20. Members and their guests must treat each other and the lifeguards with courtesy and
DAILY OPERATION: 5 AM TO 10 PM
SPECIAL NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT MOVE THE NEW POOL FURNITURE OUT OF THE FENCED IN POOL AREA.
1. NO LIFEGUARD ON DUTY – SWIM AT YOUR OWN RISK. SWIMMING ALONE IS
2. ALL GATES MUST REMAIN CLOSED AND LOCKED AT ALL TIMES. GATES WILL
BE INOPERABLE AFTER 10PM FOR BOTH ENTERING AND EXITING THE FENCED
AREA. YOU MUST EXIT THE GATE PRIOR TO 10PM OR YOU WILL BE LOCKED IN.
3. Security cameras are in operation 24 hours/day. No jumping of
gates/fences will be tolerated. We will prosecute.
4. MEMBERS AND THEIR GUESTS MUST TREAT EACH OTHER WITH COURTESY
AND RESPECT AT ALL TIMES.
5. GUESTS are limited to those who live outside of the eligible CLCA membership area.
Cardinal Lake residents who are non-members cannot be guests of members but are
encouraged to join as members.
6. The beach and lake are for the use of current members only. Guests of members must
pay $3 per person, per day (the following groups are exempt from paying guest fees: guests
3 years of age and under; grandchildren and children of members if still living in the member’s
home). Members under the age of 21 are limited to 4 guests. Members must accompany
their guests at all times.
7. For the safety of our members and guests, an adult at least 18 years of age must
accompany children 12 years of age and under at all times.
8. Glass bottles are not permitted on the CLCA property, unless they are kept in a koozi and
all empty bottles are removed from the premises when you leave. Exception to this is within
the fenced in area of the pool where no glass of any sort is permitted at any time.
9. Profanity, fighting, under-age drinking and any other inappropriate behavior will not be
tolerated at the beach and lake. Members and guests who are not observing the beach and
lake rules will be asked to leave the premises. The police will be summoned if deemed
10. No skateboards, bikes, roller blades, or scooters may be used within the fenced area of
the beach and pool. Boats stored on the beach are privately owned and may not be used
without permission of the owner.
11. Dogs must be on a leash and under the complete control of their owners at all times. Dog
owners are responsible for cleaning up after their pets immediately.
12. Members and their guests are responsible for cleaning up after themselves in the picnic
area and all other common areas. Trash cans and cigarette disposals are provided for your
convenience. Restroom facilities are available in the clubhouse. Please notify the CLCA
Board of any hazardous situations. Please be aware that all members are responsible for
keeping the facilities clean!
13. An adult member 21 years of age or older must be present during use of the grills and/or
the fire ring. All fires must be extinguished after use.
14. Members and their guests are responsible for their own valuables.
15. No BLOBS allowed on lakes.
16. Non-members MUST be accompanied by a member while fishing. In some cases, the
member’s boat may be too small, and in that case, the non-member may be in another boat. If
the member leaves the lake, so must the non-member.
17. No organized fishing events held on either lake other than those sanctioned by the
Cardinal Lake Board of Directors.
18. No gas motors are allowed to be used on either Cardinal or Canary Lake other than
projects approved by the Cardinal Lake Board of Directors. The Lakes Management
Company is approved to use a gas motor as needed for lakes maintenance.
19. Only members of the Cardinal Lake Civic Association (Permanent or Voluntary) may have
a dock on the lake. The dock can extend no more than twenty feet from the bank and may not
have a fixed roof of any type over the water.
20. We ask that all boaters abide by the Georgia Boating and Safety Rules. Children should
have some type of floatation device when boating. The children do not have to wear it if they
are good swimmers; just carry one in the boat.
21. Vehicles are not allowed on Canary Lake Dam unless approved by the Cardinal Lake
Board of Directors.
22. Please place your trash in the receptacles provided for you.
23. Do not block the boat ramp on Cardinal Lake or the entrance to Canary Lake with
24. Do not stand on the drainpipes on the Canary Lake dam area.
25. No fishing inside the drain valve fenced area on Cardinal Lake.
26. Please remove any crappie, catfish or carp caught from either lake.
27. Release all Grass Carp! The Grass Carp were specifically stocked into both of our lakes
to take care of the weed problems so we want to make sure they stay in the lakes.
THE POOL, THE BEACH AND THE LAKES BELONG TO THE MEMBERS OF THE CLCA. PLEASE RESPECT THE PREMISES AT ALL TIMES SO WE WILL ALL HAVE THESE AREAS TO ENJOY FOR YEARS TO COME!
THE CLCA BOARD OF DIRECTORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO MODIFY THESE RULESWITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE.