Pool, Beach and Lake Rules
If you are planning a party at the pool/beach area, and you are expecting more than 15 guests who will be using the pool, you will need to schedule for additional lifeguard on duty during your party hours. The cost for an additional lifeguard is $25 per hour which will have to be paid by the member having the party in addition to the standard $3.00 per person guest fees. Please fill out this pool party lifeguard request form: http://sweetwaterpools.net/pool-parties/pool-party-request-form and then someone from Sweetwater Pool Managerment will contact you regarding payment and confirming the party. Seven days advance notice is required.
If you are not using the pool or only a handful of people in your party will be using the pool and the rest of the people in your party will be at the picnic or beach/lake area, you do not have to hire an additional lifeguard.
- NO LIFEGUARD ON DUTY – SWIM AT YOUR OWN RISK. SWIMMING ALONE IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED!
- ALL GATES MUST REMAIN CLOSED AND LOCKED AT ALL TIMES. GATES WILL BE INOPERABLE AFTER 10PM FOR BOTH ENTERING AND EXITING THE FENCED AREA. YOU MUST EXIT THE GATE PRIOR TO 10PM OR YOU WILL BE LOCKED IN.
- Security cameras are in operation 24 hours/day. No jumping of gates/fences will be tolerated. We will prosecute.
- MEMBERS AND THEIR GUESTS MUST TREAT EACH OTHER WITH COURTESY AND RESPECT AT ALL TIMES.
- GUESTS are limited to those who live outside of the eligible CLCA membership area. Cardinal Lake residents who are non-members cannot be guests of members but are encouraged to join as members.
- The beach and lake are for the use of current members only. Guests of members must pay $3 per person, per day (the following groups are exempt from paying guest fees: guests 3 years of age and under; grandchildren and children of members if still living in the member’s home). Members under the age of 21 are limited to 4 guests. Members must accompany their guests at all times.
- For the safety of our members and guests, an adult at least 18 years of age must accompany children 12 years of age and under at all times.
- Glass bottles are not permitted on the CLCA property unless they are kept in a koozi and all empty bottles are removed from the premises when you leave. Exception to this is within the fenced in area of the pool where no glass of any sort is permitted at any time.
- Profanity, fighting, under-age drinking and any other inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated at the beach and lake. Members and guests who are not observing the beach and lake rules will be asked to leave the premises. The police will be summoned if deemed necessary.
- No skateboards, bikes, roller blades, or scooters may be used within the fenced area of the beach and pool. Boats stored on the beach are privately owned and may not be used without permission of the owner.
- Dogs must be on a leash and under the complete control of their owners at all times. Dog owners are responsible for cleaning up after their pets immediately.
- Members and their guests are responsible for cleaning up after themselves in the picnic area and all other common areas. Trash cans and cigarette disposals are provided for your convenience. Restroom facilities are available in the clubhouse. Please notify the CLCA Board of any hazardous situations. Please be aware that all members are responsible for keeping the facilities clean!
- An adult member 21 year of age or older must be present during use of the grills and/or the fire ring. All fires must be extinguished after use.
- Members and their guests are responsible for their own valuables.
- No BLOBS allowed on lakes.
- Non-members MUST be accompanied by a member while fishing. In some cases, the member’s boat may be too small, and in that case, the non-member may be in another boat. If the member leaves the lake, so must the non-member.
- No organized fishing events held on either lake other than those sanctioned by the Cardinal Lake Board of Directors.
- No gas motors are allowed to be used on either Cardinal or Canary Lake other than projects approved by the Cardinal Lake Board of Directors. The Lakes Management Company is approved to use a gas motor as needed for lakes maintenance.
- Only members of the Cardinal Lake Civic Association (Permanent or Voluntary) may have a dock on the lake. The dock can extend no more than twenty feet from the bank and may not have a fixed roof of any type over the water.
- We ask that all boaters abide by the Georgia Boating and Safety Rules. Children should have some type of floatation device when boating. The children do not have to wear it if they are good swimmers; just carry one in the boat.
- Vehicles are not allowed on Canary Lake Dam unless approved by the Cardinal Lake Board of Directors.
- Please place your trash in the receptacles provided for you.
- Do not block the boat ramp on Cardinal Lake or the entrance to Canary Lake with vehicles.
- Do not stand on the drainpipes on the Canary Lake dam area.
- No fishing inside the drain valve fenced area on Cardinal Lake.
- Please remove any crappie, catfish or carp caught from either lake.
- Release all Grass Carp! The Grass Carp were specifically stocked into both of our lakes to take care of the weed problems, so we want to make sure they stay in the lakes.
All rules subject to change without notice.